FAQ: What is Huawei FTTR for Home?
Do you have the following problems about FTTR for Home? For example:
- What Access Scenarios Does FTTR Support?
- Can an FTTR Network Be Connected with a Router?
- How to Connect to an IPTV STB After the FTTR Is Installed?
- Will the Wi-Fi Performance Be Affected if an FTTR Device Feels Hot?
Q1: What Access Scenarios Does FTTR Support?
The Huawei FTTR for home solution applies only to home broadband scenarios, such as common residential buildings or multi-story villas. In densely populated scenarios such as enterprises, hotels, and Internet cafes, the Huawei FTTR for SME solution is recommended.
Note: If the number of connected devices exceeds the speciﬁcations and the devices access the Internet concurrently, even the Huawei FTTR for home solution may encounter problems such as bandwidth limitation and preemption, causing problems such as frame freezing, slow access, access failure, or disconnection.
Q2: Can an FTTR Network Be Connected with a Router?
After the FTTR is installed, it is not recommended to connect a third-party router to the FTTR. The reasons are as follows:
1. The highlights of FTTR are that one network covers the entire house, devices on the network are interconnected, and users are not interrupted when roaming. After a third-party router is connected to FTTR devices, the third-party router cannot form a network with the devices. As a result, association and roaming are not supported.
2. Router Wi-Fi will introduce Wi-Fi interference, affecting FTTR Wi-Fi quality and stability.
3. The default IP address of the third-party router may be in the same network segment as the IP addresses of FTTR devices, causing IP address conﬂicts and affecting user experience.
Q3: How to Connect to an IPTV STB After the FTTR Is Installed?
Both the master and slave FTTR units support the access by an IPTV STB. The procedure is as follows:
1. Master FTTR unit: Connect the STB to the IPTV LAN port of the master FTTR unit. No conﬁguration is required.
2. Slave FTTR unit: You need to conﬁgure parameters on the LAN Port Multi-service page on the WebUI, and then select PON1 to automatically extend the IPTV service to all slave FTTR units cascaded through ﬁbers. In this way, the slave FTTR units are connected to the STB.
Q4: Will the Wi-Fi Performance Be Affected if an FTTR Device Feels Hot?
1. It is recommended that the devices be placed in a well-ventilated indoor environment. Do not stack the devices.
2. As long as the ambient temperature ranges from 0°C to 40°C, the device will feel hot when you touch it, but the Wi-Fi performance will not be affected.
If you have more questions, please email us at email@example.com.